On 17th May 2020 Sunday school activities will be based on Jesus promising a helper.
Please read the passage, from the main 10.30am service, with your child/children - John 14.15-21
Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
“If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”
You can read the Bible in various translations at https://www.biblegateway.com.
The NCV (New Century Version), the NIRV (The New International Reader's Version (NRIV, based on the NIV) and the ICB (International Children's Bible) are judged suitable for a reading age of 7+.
The ERV (Easy-To-Read Version is commended for 9+ and the NLT (New Living Translation) for 11+.
Lego Builders Online
from Trinity Church Lancaster. See https://vimeo.com/408154026
Schools and Family Learning Activities from St Paul's Cathedral
See https://www.illustratedministry.com/weekly-resources/ for more free resources.
Ideas focusing on prayer:
Praying together as a family from the Diocese of London.
Why not pray and keep healthy at the same time this week with this prayer and exercise routine!
1. Run on the spot ...and pray for all those spending times in their homes.
2. Do star jumps…and pray for all the keyworkers working hard to keep us safe.
3. Stretch out wide… and pray that help would reach all those who need it.
4. Stretch up high… and pray for all those leaders in the world making big decision.
You can add your own exercises and prayers as well.
Archive - Last weeks ideas based on: Trusting in God and knowing that Jesus is the way to the father - John 14 v1-14 - (NIV)
- Complete 'I am' wheel craft - https://craftingthewordofgod.com/2013/08/20/jesus-i-am/
- The Speak Lord (above) sheet would be ideal for older children to think more in depth about the passage and what it could mean for them.