Our 'outstanding' School
A big part of our parish community is our church primary school
Established by our congregation in 1832, and still operating today. The school badge features our church tower and its famous 'cresset beacon'.
The 'outstanding' school is the smallest primary school in Barnet with less than 150 pupils, aged from 4 to 11. It is operated jointly under the auspices of the local education authority (of the London Borough of Barnet) and the Diocesan Board of Education (of the Diocese of London). As a church we provide a majority of the school Governors, including our Rector, who is a Governor of the school ex-officio and several of our church members regularly volunteer to support the teaching team.
The Rector is vice-chair of the Governing Board and in regular contact with the school. The children visit the church regularly. They attend for assorted lessons during the year, and also monthly for a school service. There are special services in church for the school to mark Harvest, Christmas, and other festivals. At the end of each school year we hold a 'leavers service' and Bible presentation.
Artist Image credit: Lesley Harris